http://www.makepovertyhistory.org Rambling Oaksey™: Petrol prices in the UK

Monday, September 12, 2005

Petrol prices in the UK

Well, this week sparks an outrage at the petrol pumps here in the UK. We are paying through the noses for petrol, a £1 a litre. There are rumours that blockades will start again, like in 2000. I do agree tho, we pay far too much over here for petrol, its a crazy price. Most of what we pay for petrol is tax, its getting too expensive all the time. I was shocked myself when I filled up the other week and saw it was 91p a litre!

What makes me fume is the sight of greedy individuals filling up their cars while we speak because they are frightened that we will run out of petrol, like in 2000. Its sheer greed and it makes me mad. When it happened before people were going to the supermarket and clearing the shelves of bread and milk, stock piling stuff away when it wasnt needed. Clearly not thinking of others. That made me mad to go to the supermarket for some bread to find the shelves empty! Just pisses me off how greedy and selfish people can be, I have not rushed to fill my car up, fuck it!

If you drive, smoke, or drink alcohol you are penalised here in the uk. Its time it stopped.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home