http://www.makepovertyhistory.org Rambling Oaksey™: Raymond L Oakes July 1940-August 2008

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Raymond L Oakes July 1940-August 2008

My dad known not as Raymond but as his middle name 'Len' passed away on Tuesday, he had a fit then a further one which caused a heart attack and took him from us.

I went to see him on Tuesday night at the local hospital (he was in there due to a stroke), I had no idea that he wasn't there. I was told that he had been rushed to another hospital after having a massive fit. The nurses kept saying to me "I am so sorry" I had no idea that he had passed away.

I called the hospital that he had been rushed to only to be spoken to by a very rude woman who refused to give me any details about my dad. I found out later from his sister that he had passed away.

The one thing that gets me is the fact that previous to the Tuesday of me seeing him I was supposed to go on the Sunday but I didn't. I regret that I didn't go and I am so sorry dad that I wasn't there with you.

As my dad will laugh about, when I visited you in hospital I didn't bring you any chocolates as you didn't pay me for the last ones I got you...............

Ironic that my dad passing away was my 500th post, not what I wanted.............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home