http://www.makepovertyhistory.org Rambling Oaksey™: Back :(

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Back :(

It is with great sadness that I must report that my mother has contracted cancer once again. It makes me so sad, I could see that it has upset her. Its destoyed me again, it was hard enough the first time but now that its come back its worse. I could see it in her eyes that its really got to her. I have told her to be strong and I will make sure that I am by her side in the hospital. I can remember the last time with so much clarity, the day she was told, the day we went to the hospital. I will never forget the day I left her for her operation, I nearly crashed driving back home. No one knows what its like until it happens to someone that you love. I will never discuss this with anyone in person, because I dont want people to say 'sorry' to me. I dont want pity, I didnt before and I dont now. My mother thinks the same as me, only a few close people will be told. I have published this fact on my blog just as a vent I suppose, not for sympathy. That is one thing I dont want from anyone. I have to be strong for my mum, it tears me apart and I would be destroyed if anything happened. I know that she is a strong person, but to get it again does not help. She told me earlier "I am scared" my heart broke in two. We will fight this, I wont let it take her without a fight.

This year has been a terrible year, totally awful. My mum will always be the only one I can share things with, the only 'best friend' that I can trust and love with all my heart. No one will ever match that.

Im a tearful Adam, but only in my own private world. I will not show the fact that this has upset me totally for no one. I need to be there for her, if I lost her then I have lost everything. I love to laugh and make people happy, but its getting harder and harder to do lately.

It wont win......................... I wont let it.................

1 Comments:

At 5:54 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adam, there is nothing wrong with people expressing to you that they are sorry that your mom is going through something so terrible. And there is nothing wrong with you crying about it or being scared or blogging about it as a vent.
My grandmother died from cancer. She fought the fight for a long time until she was done. Many many many people I knew and loved deeply have been taking by cancer.
It is not pretty. And it is not something easy to go through. Especially alone. Your mom is lucky to have you dear. I wish there was some one you felt comfy talking to and crying with and things like that. Not because they just feel bad for you, but because other people often understand what we are going through and just want to support us. You are like me.
Holding back and holding it all in just to be strong for someone else or yourself. I really have no place to tell you to talk to some one. Adam you are loved by me. And you know I loved you for a long time now so its not sympathy making me say that. Make no mistake. I do empathize with you.
Healing energy going out into the universe for you and your mom...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home